Today is the Monday before "Thanks"Giving. This American "tradition" is getting me pissed. All of the sappy stories the kindergarten teachers told you is bullshit. The Indians did not like the Pilgrims, probably because the Pilgrims enslaved most of their men and boys and raped their women. John Smith and Pocahontas. Bullshit. The Disney movie lied to you, John Smith wasn't a famous blond headed hunk like 20 year old. He was a 50 year old drunk, with a beard down past his collarbone. Pocahontas, she was eleven. At eleven fucking years old, she was raped by John Smith and bore his children at twelve. The man was a pedophile. Disgusting.
If we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving maybe we could bring our Native Americans out of the lands we forced them into during the civil war and give them a dinner, not just stuffing our already fat faces with turkey and dressing. This country is disgusting and having a holiday just as an excuse to eat? If I worshipped god, I would ask it to stop letting the American people do this again and again. We are not even Americans, we are tourists. Tourists in a country we thought was India, but found out it wasn't by the locals and forced them to "sell" us their land and then force them on to cozy-little-out-of-the-way places like Arizona, Utah, Colorado. And not the places in which they could thrive and grow food, no those places are reserved for our McDonald's' and Wendy's' steroid injected super pseudo "crops" and advanced chain slaughterhouses. This truly is the age of beauty, this nation where the rich get rich the poorer pay more and the ones who were here before us are shipped off and herded into neat little "reservations" so we don't have to see them. To all the Native Americans and related Natives to the once pround country, I say I am sorry for what the white people have done to you, I am sorry we raped your women and killed your men(even when you did not want to fight), and I am sorry every year we host a grand feast of feasts just to rub your noses in it, I am truely sorry. To whatever god you worship, may it strike down the vile prejustice and racism, that we "Americans" have so much of, and your people live in peace with nature and not be treated differently because of your skin. They "americans" may hate you, but I embrace your nothingness.
This is a page that shouldn't be written, but should already be understood and in the processed of being resolved, but it's not.
=LoveHas=
2006-11-20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment